Share | 

Cirque du Soleil

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Nimue

PostSubject: Cirque du Soleil    25th October 2013, 6:10 am

posted by CindyMJLOVE on Friday, October 1st 2010

Ok so from what I've read so far....there is going to be a MJ tribute concert in London.

could michael be possible come out during this?

if so.....i hope maybe i can be there...

also there was something about Michael and 2011-2012...

http://www.vegaslovesmj.com/

Check it out......possible COMEBACK???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    25th October 2013, 6:13 am

posted by The Fairy on Friday, October 1st 2010
Yes Cindy it is interesting with Cirque du Soleil... and surely connected to MJ in many ways....

Check out the following link...

http://gracemj.wordpress.com/2010/03/03/interesting-david-blaine-picture/

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    25th October 2013, 6:22 am

posted by Nimue on Thursday, October 21st 2010

I highlighted some parts of it. What do you think?

Exclusive: Michael Jackson Cirque shows set; tickets on sale Nov. 3

Posted October 20, 2010 • 12:56 p.m.

For the first time, Cirque du Soleil’s chief Daniel Lamarre has confirmed start dates for the two new Michael Jackson shows coming to Las Vegas. The first, a rock concert arena-type show, opens Dec. 15, 2011, with tickets going on sale Nov. 3.

The official announcement will be made from Los Angeles on Nov. 3, but you have the advance news here at Vegas DeLuxe in this exclusive. Tickets go on sale simultaneously in 25 cities for what will be the largest-ever music show going on tour in North America and around the world for four nonstop years.

The second, which will be a permanent residency show here, Cirque’s eighth, arrives in 2013. Both shows have the blessing of the Michael Jackson estate administrators. Cirque has budgeted an amazing $100 million just for creating and developing the two shows and expects that another $150 million will be added to the final costs for staging and theater construction.

The Jackson concert show will be performed twice nightly for two months in a reconfigured Mandalay Bay Events Center with just 8,000 seats per show. Cirque and MGM have not yet decided upon a hotel home for the second Jackson residency show and will come to that decision after seeing how the arena show works with all of its mind-blowing logistics.

I talked at length with Cirque head honcho Daniel on Monday night after the 8,000th performance of Mystere at Phil Ruffin’s Treasure Island. Here’s our conversation about the two new King of Pop shows and Daniel’s analysis of the extraordinary long-lasting appeal of Mystere, Cirque’s first residency show in Las Vegas.

Robin Leach: Now comes Michael Jackson -- two Michael Jackson shows. The first show is the one coming here to Mandalay Bay for a little while before going out on tour. The second show will be the residency show. Have you decided what hotel theater will become its home?

Daniel Lamarre: We’re still struggling with that final decision. We are still talking with people at MGM. I think the arena show will be a good test for us, and it certainly will have an impact on the final decision for MGM.

RL: When do you open the Mandalay Bay show?

DL: The first show opens Dec. 15, 2011. The second show will be at the beginning of 2013. The first arena show will globally tour in North America for two years and then as it leaves to go onto Europe and the rest of the world, we will open the permanent show here in a theater yet to be designated.

RL: How different will that show be to the arena touring show?

DL: The arena touring show is as close as you can get to a rock concert. Our audiences will have the feeling that Michael Jackson is alive. The permanent show will be much more theatrical. We are looking right now at a lot of new technology that we want to bring into Vegas for the first time.

RL: How far along in the development of both shows are you at this moment?

DL: For the arena show, we are done. The concept exists. It is approved by all parties. We will start rehearsing in Montreal this December, so we are really there already for the arena show. For the permanent show, we’re still exploring the new technologies that we would like to bring to Vegas. The preliminary concept exists for the theatrical show, but depending on how far we can go with new technologies, that will influence the final concept of the second show.

RL: Now when we talked about that several months ago, I sensed it would be 3D on steroids, where the audience gets inside as the show wraps all around outside them?

DL: Yes, that’s right. We really want to use the newest, latest of breakthrough technologies that have never been seen before or used theatrically before. There are a lot of conversations going on with a lot of different companies to see who can deliver to us the advanced technology that we’re looking for.
RL: Now that the concert show is 100 percent concept completed, is it with a Michael Jackson or without?

DL: Michael Jackson will be there on video, and then again we will bring in technologies that will make it seem that Michael is with us.

RL: But no lookalikes or soundalikes?

DL: People want to see the real Michael, and the real Michael will be very, very present on the unique video. His estate administrators have completely accepted the concept of the show, which is a great relief for us. Not only are we happy they have accepted it, but we’re happy they’re enthusiastic about the concept of the show. It will be a 90-minute show with all of his big hits, over 20 of the bestselling songs. The show will have about 72 artists: dancers, musicians and acrobats.

RL: Anything in this first show that Michael was developing for his London This Is It concerts?

DL: We have some video that was for the London show that will be integrated into the new show.

RL: What will we be amazed by most?

DL: I think the challenge here is to give the feeling to people that Michael is on that stage. We will do everything we can in terms of video and technologies to bring his presence to life.

RL: Did you learn anything from presenting Viva Elvis to tackle the Michael Jackson shows?

DL: If you take Love or Elvis, the challenge is always to be representative of that era. Obviously, Michael is from a different era than Elvis, and we have to make sure that if Michael were onstage, that’s what he would deliver. It will be him as he would be today.

RL: When do tickets go on sale?
DL: Nov. 3, 2010, we start selling tickets for the arena show at the Mandalay Bay box office and everywhere around North America. We have two shows a night to sell out for two months at 8,000 seats each performance. That’s the challenge. We’re cutting the number of seats down because we want to keep the proximity for the audience to the stage.

This is going to be just like a real rock and roll tour. Dozens of trucks -- well over 30 -- with staging and equipment will arrive in Las Vegas exactly as it will be when we go off around the world. Two years touring in North America and then another two years of global capitals. A monumental four-year world tour! It’s a huge challenge -- the largest we have ever undertaken, but we’re very excited about it.

RL: I always have to ask the money questions. What will be the cost of both shows?

DL: We’re talking close to $100 million for the two shows -- that’s just for the production. Then the cost of the theaters for both shows will add another $100 million to $150 million.

Daniel invited me to Montreal headquarters to watch rehearsals of the arena show. The present timetable calls for preliminary rehearsals beginning in December and then full rehearsals next summer before the company moves here in early fall.

Since we were sitting together in the Mystere Theater at Treasure Island after watching the 8,000th performance, I asked him why the show seemed the best it’s ever been.

DL: It’s amazing, I could feel the emotion because I met the artists before the show. I know how emotional they were about this 8,000 representation, and I’ve seen the reaction of the public tonight. Standing ovations throughout. What’s amazing to me is that the magic still works. The artists are still excited every performance.

Mystere has made history in the industry of entertainment because no one show of this magnitude has lasted so long. All the other shows that have more than 8,000 representations have duplicates, like The Phantom of the Opera or others with different casts in different places. This is only one show, one cast, one crew and 8,000 performances.

RL: There have been several updates over the years to Mystere. Is that how you ensure that each night looks better than ever before?

DL: That’s the only way. We have an artistic team working here, and every day they train, they try to make their show evolve, and that’s why after 17 years, the show is still relevant.

RL: Phil Ruffin told me a while ago that he’s given the show another five years’ extension here at T.I. Is that your understanding?

DL: That was the first thing that Phil told me when he bought the property from MGM. He said, “Daniel, don’t change anything. I love this show.” We renewed right away for an additional five years. It’s just amazing the occupancy level even in a struggling market. This show is still doing very well. Our house was full, and we still have standing ovations.

RL: Do you think it’s because it was the very first Cirque show and everything that came after was really a child to the parent?

DL: I think that’s what it is. I have people coming to me saying, “Daniel, this is the original.” There is a real extraordinary emotional link between the public, Cirque du Soleil and Mystere. To them, Mystere is the classic that will be around forever.”

Mystere remains in place as the timetable moves forward now for the premieres of the two Jackson shows. It is not a changing of the guard. This is where the proud parent welcomes the new arrivals and makes history all over again.

http://www.vegasdeluxe.com/blogs/luxe-life/2010/oct/20/exclusive-two-michael-jackson-cirque-shows-set-lv-/

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    25th October 2013, 6:23 am

posted by Nimue on Friday, October 29th 2010

Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour

The MJ Estate just signed an agreement with Los Angeles based marketing company, Fan Manager to coordinate certain MJ related public events in the future.

Their first project is the MJ themed Cirque De Soleil show. They will work under the "MJOnlineTeam" name.
Official website: mjonlineteam.com
Official video page: http://vimeo.com/user5077978
Official Twitter page: twitter.com/MJonlineteam

According to a statement released today the MJ Estate and Cirque de Soleil will announce something important on November 3, 2010 regarding the new MJ show.

What I can tell you about the shows exclusively: The shows' name will be "Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour". The MJ Estate and Cirque de Soleil set up a new company for the joint venture in Delaware under the Cirque Jackson LP name.

According to some documents the show will include a heavy marketing promotion and merchandising. The first date is set for January 13, 2010 for the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California. The pre-sale for this show will start on November 3, 2010 10am.

The official website will be immortalworldtour.com most likely.

http://lesliemjhu.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    25th October 2013, 6:27 am

posted by Nimue on Wednesday, November 3rd 2010

Cirque Du Soleil -- Michael Jackson Immortalized

11/3/2010 6:30 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Cirque Du Soleil is unveiling the images that will drive what could be the biggest show under the big top ever -- driven by Michael Jackson's music ... and TMZ got hold of the image that will drive the production.

The world tour is a partnership between the MJ Estate and Cirque -- each sharing 50% of the profits. It will kick off in the Fall of next year in Canada, and work its way south to the US of A.

The show will end up with a permanent home at the MGM Mirage hotel in Las Vegas -- probably in late 2012. Cirque has already released sketches of what the show will look like.

http://www.tmz.com/photos/2010/11/02/3153-mjs-cirque-du-soleil-sketches/images/2010/11/03/80752-michael-jackson-set-scetch-01-full-jpg/

This project -- unlike some others -- got the thumbs up from Katherine Jackson.

http://www.tmz.com/person/michael-jackson/

The sketches:
http://photos.tmz.com/galleries/mjs_cirque_du_soleil_sketches#tab=most_recent&id=80752

TMA always the fist one to get the "photos"

The video:

http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&mediaKey=473511aa-cdab-441f-8689-a6ac16fe24a6
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    25th October 2013, 6:29 am

posted by The Fairy on Thursday, November 4th 2010

Michael Jackson Cirque du Soleil show to offer new songs, secrets
By Alan Duke, CNN
November 3, 2010 -- Updated 1907 GMT (0307 HKT)
STORY HIGHLIGHTS

Tickets go on sale Wednesday for shows starting in October
"Expect surprises," Cirque show's director says
Michael Jackson's estate is an equal partner in Cirque tour

Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Michael Jackson's music and dance combined with Cirque du Soleil's magic promises to be a "beautiful hybrid," the writer-director of "Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour" said Wednesday.

"You can imagine those two worlds together," Jamie King said. "The show is huge."

Ticket sales started Wednesday for the first leg of the North American tour, which opens October 2 in Montreal, Canada.

Fans will hear Jackson music they've never heard before, unreleased songs recorded by the pop star in the years before his sudden death last year, King said.

"Expect surprises," King said. The show will "provide secrets and give things that people haven't necessarily heard or seen before."

"Michael was a great writer of poetry," he said, suggesting that Jackson's poems will be an element in the Cirque production.

But fans will also get "Michael Jackson as they knew Michael Jackson," King said.

"That means from his performance aspect, his energy that he gave on stage, and that will be reflected in not only the set and the costumes but in the lighting and the musicality of the show," he said. "The iconic choreography is extremely important. The Moonwalk, the 'Smooth Criminal' dance, 'Thriller,' 'Beat It.' "

King, who has directed many of the biggest world concert tours over the past decade, worked early in his career with Jackson on his 1992 "Dangerous" tour.

He's also gotten help from Jackie Jackson. Michael's oldest brother, who has also helped prepare an upcoming CD of unreleased songs, met with King to share insight about the pop star.

Designing a Michael Jackson Cirque du Soleil production has "been a very natural process," King said.

"It makes so much sense for these two worlds to come together, because Michael was so into magic and fairy tale and everything that really Cirque is all about," he said. "He loved that innocence and childlike kind of creativity which Cirque provides."

The circus company, legendary for its creative and acrobatic performances, first talked to Jackson six years ago about the possibility of a Jackson-themed show, Cirque's president said when the agreement with his estate was announced in April. The estate and Cirque du Soleil are equal partners.

The show's tour visits nine Canadian and five U.S. cities in the last three months of 2011. Stops in 13 North American cities have been announced in the first half of 2012.

The MGM Mirage has signed on to host the Las Vegas, Nevada, residency starting in 2012. The hotel also will open a nightclub based on the Jackson show, the hotel said.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    25th October 2013, 6:31 am

posted by Nimue on Thursday, November 4th 2010

Interesting:

"Expect surprises," King said. The show will "provide secrets and give things that people haven't necessarily heard or seen before."

I think I heard similar statement before.. "the Michael we never haven't seen before' ????

"That means from his performance aspect, his energy that he gave on stage, and that will be reflected in not only the set and the costumes but in the lighting and the musicality of the show," he said. "The iconic choreography is extremely important. The Moonwalk, the 'Smooth Criminal' dance, 'Thriller,' 'Beat It.' "

Again, interesting choice... no Billie Jean (?)...It is mentioned "The moonwalk.. his movie? The one he goes away and comes back and also features "smooth criminal..Or maybe the moonwalk dance move from Billie Jean????

King, who has directed many of the biggest world concert tours over the past decade, worked early in his career with Jackson on his 1992 "Dangerous" tour.

Another interesting point... King worked with The King at Dangerous tour.. What a coincidence?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    25th October 2013, 6:33 am

posted by The Fairy on Thursday, November 4th 2010

Choreographer Jamie King
What do Britney Spears, Elton John, Michael Jackson, Tyra Banks, Ricky Martin, Diana Ross, The Spice Girls, Rihanna, The Smashing Pumpkins and Mariah Carey have in common? No, it’s not that they’re the richest, sexiest superstars to walk the face of the earth; their unifying factor is King. Jamie King. You may not be able to put a name to a face, but you’ll sure be able to put a name with some of the hottest dance moves you’ve ever seen. This dancer turned choreographer turned creative director turned music video director, author and workout guru has created masterpieces through dance for the aforementioned stars and many more groundbreaking artists.....

Millions of people may dream about being the next Madonna, but only a few, like King, turn those hopes into a reality. “Watching MTV growing up, I was like, ‘I want to be in that music video, or I want do an award show and I want work with that artist.’ I was always moving and interested in pop culture,” King reveals.After moving from Wisconsin to Los Angeles, King was dancing for Michael Jackson when his passion for movement caught the attention of Prince. The music legend then asked King to choreograph for the rapper Carmen Elektra (yes, she was a rapper). Prince then asked King to choreograph a weekly show to four unreleased songs in his nightclub, Grand Slam. King did this for a year, acknowledging his performances as training for the success he would later enjoy. King went on to dance in, choreograph and direct numerous music videos, concerts and tours... King says it’s not hard to come up with new ideas. “I’m more inspired today than I was yesterday,” he adds. “Something new is happening today than was yesterday. Because of that, I find it easy to evolve.”

So what does the future hold for the Midwesterner with big dreams? Along with pomoting Rock Your Body, King will be working on the upcoming Kanye West’s stage show, the Spice Girls reunion tour and a Celine Dion project not to mention awards shows. He also has a few surprises up his sleeve that he’s keeping quiet about now. “There’s some big surprises that are going take up a lot of my time for right now,” King says. “There’s some more of the same which means some really great artists.” Whatever King has in the works, we’re sure it will have us on the edge of our seats…and maybe even dancing in the aisles.

I find it interesting that he says "There's some big surprises that are going to take up a lot of my time for right now...There is some more of the same which means some really great artists"

http://www.snmag.com/MAGAZINE/Destination-Success/Choreographer-Jamie-King.html

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    25th October 2013, 6:35 am

Sorry, it was stolen.. Wow.. I lot of info.. I didn't know MJ had a magazine.. cool..

WRITTEN AND directed by jamie king
Tour BEGINS in october 2011

Exclusive Presale Window Starts Today for Cirque Club Members and MichaelJackson.com subscribers
General Onsale Begins Saturday, November 6 in 30 Cities

Montreal, November 3, 2010 – The Estate of Michael Jackson and Cirque du Soleil announced today the official international launch of Michael Jackson The Immortal World TourThis once-in-a-lifetime electrifying production will combine Michael Jackson music and choreography with Cirque du Soleil creativity to give fans worldwide a unique view into the spirit, passion and heart of the artistic genius who forever transformed global pop culture.™ writtenanddirected by Jamie King, the leading concert director in pop music today.

A riveting fusion of visuals, dance, music and fantasy that immerses audiences in Michael’s creative world and literally turns his signature moves upside down, Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour unfolds Michael Jackson’s artistry before the eyes of the audience. Aimed at lifelong fans as well as those experiencing Michael’s creative genius for the first time, the show captures the essence, soul and inspiration of the King of Pop, celebrating a legacy that continues to transcend generations.

The Immortal World Tour takes place in a fantastical realm where we discover Michael’s inspirational Giving Tree—the wellspring of his creativity. The secrets of Michael’s inner world are unlocked—his love of music and dance, fairy tale and magic, and the fragile beauty of nature.

The underpinnings of The Immortal World Tour are Michael Jackson’s powerful, inspirational music and lyrics—the driving force behind the show—brought to life with extraordinary power and breathless intensity. Through unforgettable performances Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour underscores Michael’s global messages of love, peace and unity.

In selecting Jamie King as Writer and Director forMichael Jackson The Immortal World Tour— which will feature60 international performers—,The Estate of Michael Jackson andCirque du Soleil chose a director Variety called one of the most influential “movers and shakers” in the music industry, and the “Jerry Bruckheimer of tent-pole concert tours". A multiple Emmy Award® and MTV Video Music Award® nominee, and greatly influenced by his early years working for both Prince and Michael Jackson, he has choreographed some of the most popular music videos and directed some of the highest grossing concert tours of all time. For the past 12 years, he has served as Madonna's creative director, having most recently directed her 2008 Sticky & Sweet world tour, as well as her 2006 record-breaking Confessions world tour and hit music video, Sorry. He most recently directed Rihanna's Last Girl On Earth world tour, Celine Dion’s Taking Chances world tour, The Return of the Spice Girls reunion tour, Britney Spears' Circus tour and Avril Lavigne’s Best Damn tour. He previously directed and choreographed world tours for Madonna (Re-Invention and Drowned World); Asian superstar Rain (Rain’s Coming); Ricky Martin (Black & White and La Vida Loca); Pink (Try This); Christina Aguilera (Back to Basics and Stripped); and his first collaboration with Britney Spears (Oops! I Did It Again). He has worked with an array of superstars including Mariah Carey, Shakira, George Michael, Elton John, Diana Ross, Jennifer Lopez and even Ellen DeGeneres. This is Jamie’s first show with Cirque du Soleil.

Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour will call on the diverse talents of the following creative minds: (see last page for creators’ bios)
Guy Laliberté – Creative Guide
Jamie King – Writer and Director
Chantal Tremblay – Director of Creation
Mark Fisher – Set Designer
Zaldy Goco – Costume Designer
Kevin Antunes – Musical Designer
Martin Labrecque – Lighting Designer
Olivier Goulet – Projection Designer
François Desjardins – Sound Designer
Scott Osgood – Rigging and Acrobatic Equipment Designer
Germain Guillemot – Acrobatic Performance Designer
Michael Curry – Props Designer

Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour will begin in Montreal in October 2011 and travel to select North American cities including Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Houston, Seattle, Toronto and Vancouver. Additional cities and dates will be announced.

For three days only, Cirque Club members and MichaelJackson.com subscribers will have exclusive access to purchase presale tickets online beginning Wednesday, November 3 at 10am Eastern Daylight Time.

Cirque Club membership is free and benefits include access to advance tickets, special offers and exclusive behind the scenes information. To join, go to www.cirqueclub.com.
Starting Saturday, November 6 at 12pm local time, tickets will go on sale to the public for the cities and dates listed below.

For complete tour and ticket information, visit
www.cirquedusoleil.com or www.MichaelJackson.com

The tour schedule is subject to change.

2011 TOUR SCHEDULE
October 2-3 Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
October 7 Ottawa, ON - Scotiabank Place
October 12 Hamilton, ON - Copps Coliseum
October 15 Detroit, MI - Joe Louis Arena
October 18 London, ON - John Labatt Centre
October 21 Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
October 26 Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre
October 29 Saskatoon, SK - Credit Union Centre
November 1 Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place
November 4 Vancouver, BC - Rogers Arena
November 9 Seattle, WA - KeyArena
November 18 Portland, OR - Rose Garden
November 29 Salt Lake City, UT - EnergySolutions Arena
December 3-11 Las Vegas, NV - Mandalay Bay Events Center

2012 Tour Schedule
January 6 Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
January 10 Sacramento, CA - ARCO Arena
January 13 San Jose, CA - HP Pavillion at San Jose
January 18 Oakland, CA - Oracle Arena
January 21 San Diego, CA - Valley View Casino Center
January 24 Anaheim, CA - Honda Center
January 27 Los Angeles, CA - STAPLES Center
February 10 Houston, TX - Toyota Center
March 2 Miami, FL - AmericanAirlines Arena
March 24 Quebec City, QC - Colisée Pepsi
April 3 New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
April 10 Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center
June 29 Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena

In April 2010, The Estate of Michael Jackson and Cirque du Soleil announced an unprecedented arrangement for the creation, development, production and promotion of Michael Jackson projects, featuring touring and permanent shows, based on the music and songs of Michael Jackson. The two entities will each own 50 percent of each Michael Jackson project, sharing equally in the cost of creating, developing, building and producing the projects and in the profits from each project. The Estate of Michael Jackson will also receive royalty payments on various aspects of its intellectual property used in the Michael Jackson projects.

CREATORS BIOS

Jamie King is the leading concert director in the world of pop music today. In 2006, Variety named King one of the most influential “movers and shakers” in the music industry, branding him the “Jerry Bruckheimer of ten-pole concert tours". A multiple Emmy Award ® and MTV Video Music Award ® nominee, and greatly influenced by his early years working for both Prince and Michael Jackson, he has choreographed some of the most popular music videos and directed some of the highest grossing concert tours of all time. For the past twelve years, he has served as Madonna's creative director, having most recently directed her 2008 Sticky & Sweet world tour, as well as her 2006 record-breaking Confessions world tour and hit music video, Sorry. He most recently directed Rihanna's Last Girl On Earth world tour, Céline Dion’s Taking Chances world tour, The Return of the Spice Girls reunion tour, Britney Spears' Circus tour and Avril Lavigne’s Best Damn tour. He previously directed and choreographed world tours for Madonna (Re-Invention and Drowned World); Asian superstar Rain (Rain’s Coming); Ricky Martin (Black & White and La Vida Loca); Pink (Try This); Christina Aguilera (Back to Basics and Stripped); and his first collaboration with Britney Spears (Oops I Did It Again). He has worked with an array of superstars including Mariah Carey, Shakira, George Michael, Elton John, Diana Ross, Jennifer Lopez and even Ellen DeGeneres. This is Jamie’s first show with Cirque du Soleil.

At the end of the 1980s, while living in New York pursuing a career in dance, Chantal Tremblay decides to join Cirque du Soleil after having seen one the company’s shows. Chantal started out as a dancer on a Cirque project and then became choreographer Debra Brown’s assistant on the creation of Mystère. Chantal has worked on many Cirque projects including the shows Alegría, La Nouba and Mystère for which she once was the Artistic Director. Later on her solid credentials helped her land the position of Director of Creation on both The Beatles LOVE and OVO.

British architect Mark Fisher’s interest in building temporary structures and inflatables caught the attention of Roger Waters and led to his first rock ’n’ roll commission for Pink Floyd’s Animals tour in 1977. Mark has since earned an international reputation for his spectacular concert designs. His best-known work includes The Wall and Division Bell for Pink Floyd, Steel Wheels, Bridges to Babylon and Bigger Bang for the Rolling Stones, as well as Popmart for U2. Most recently Mark was Chief Designer for the opening and closing ceremonies of the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin, the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics and U2’s 2009-2010 360° tour. This will be Mark Fisher’s third collaboration with Cirque du Soleil following KÀ and Viva ELVIS.

Zaldy is one of New York’s most celebrated and innovative designers. Since 2001 he has created custom looks for entertainment icons such as Michael Jackson, Gwen Stefani, Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez, Mary J Blige, Will I. Am, Rufus Wainwright, Scissor Sisters, Alicia Keys, Britney Spears, Halle Berry, Parker Posey, Gabourey Sidebe, and Mick Jagger among others. In 2009 Zaldy was named head designer for Michael Jackson’s This Is It concert series as well as Lady Gaga’s first North American Monster Ball Tour. He was the man behind Gwen Stefani’s label L.A.M.B. collaborating with Stefani for nearly four years while maintaining his namesake label. This is his first collaboration with Cirque du Soleil.

Kevin Antunes is a musical designer, musical director, keyboardist and digital audio programmer. His most recent tour was working directly for Madonna on her record breaking Sticky & Sweet world tour. Kevin produced the stereo and surround sound audio mix for the live stadium concert from Argentina released on DVD in 2010. Kevin has also worked with Justin Timberlake for the past 12 years starting with *NSYNC, which then transitioned into Justin's solo career. The stereo and surround sound audio of Justin’s HBO Live Concert Broadcast of his FutureSex/LoveSounds (which was released on DVD) was also mixed by Kevin. Throughout his career Kevin has performed with Janet Jackson, Timbaland, Britney Spears, Aerosmith, Mary J Blige, Alicia Keys, Taylor Swift, Snoop Dogg, Christina Aguilera, Lady Antebellum, P Diddy, Pharrell Williams, Enrique Iglesias, Backstreet Boys, Marky Mark & the Funky Bunch, and the New Kids on the B! lock, among others. Kevin has performed on many major television events and music award shows including The Grammy Awards, The Academy Awards, two different Super Bowl Halftime Performances, HBO & Showtime Original Live Concerts, Hope for Haiti Now benefit concert, Canadian SARS benefit concert, Amnesty International, Rock-n-Rio, MTV Awards, The Brit Awards, The Tonight Show, Late Night with David Letterman, and Saturday Night Live. Kevin is working with Cirque du Soleil for the first time.

Martin Labrecque’s professional credits include more than a hundred theatrical productions, as well as circus shows. Martin contributed to the critical success of several Quebec shows. He has won many Quebec awards for his lighting design in addition to several nominations. Martin Labrecque created the lighting for two critically acclaimed circus shows produced by Cirque Éloize, Rain and Nomade, as well as Cirque du Soleil shows Corteo, KOOZA and Viva ELVIS. In 2009, Martin designed the lighting for an eleven-hour show by Canadian author, director and actor Wajdi Mouawad, which was presented in the courtyard of the Palais des Papes in Avignon, France. He also worked on the show Paradis Perdu, directed by Dominic Champagne and presented in Montreal.

Olivier Goulet – Projection and Video Content Designer
Active in the field of video design since 2001, Quebec producer, stage and video content designer Olivier Goulet specializes in video stage design. Since 2007, he has designed and produced video content for many productions and artists including Maria Carey, Alicia Keys, Joe Cocker, Michael Bublé, Tina Turner, Pink, the shows of Cher and Bette Midler at Ceasar’s Palace in Las Vegas, as well as the production Paradis Perdu in Montreal. Olivier is the President of the Montreal-based video stage design company Geodezik, which collaborated with Cirque du Soleil on the shows DELIRIUM and ZAIA. Other Quebec (Gilles Maheu, O Vertigo Danse) and American (Linkin Park and The Killers, Justin Timberlake) artists turned to Geodezik to enhance their show through video imagery.

François Desjardins – Sound Designer
For nearly 25 years, François Desjardins has devoted himself entirely to enhancing sound environments in the music world. As a sound designer, he creates soundscapes that are tailored to each artist’s expectations. Since 1992, François has toured with Céline Dion on all her live shows, He has also worked with several Canadian and foreign artists including Garou, Roch Voisine, Tragically Hip, Tom Cochrane and Pavarotti. As a crew chief, he has installed, maintained and operated the most sophisticated sound systems available in the industry. François also participated in a large number of events as Head Sound Technician of Solotech (Montreal) and Chief Technical Advisor of Solotech (United States). He was sound designer during the World Youth Day in Toronto in 2002 (Papal visit) and for the re-staging of Cirque du Soleil’s Saltimbanco.

Scott started his career as an acrobat as part of the Sailor Circus program in Sarasota, California. His disciplines included ladder, teeterboard, clowning and juggling. Scott picked up his knowledge of acrobatic equipment and rigging design from veterans in the business. He worked in the worlds of theatre and rock music, where his rigging expertise was in demand. At the same time, he continued to work around the world as a performer, appearing with many circus companies including the Ringling Brothers, and Barnum and Bailey. He also worked as an acrobat in theme parks including Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen, Disneyland and Walt Disney World. Scott’s first assignment with Cirque du Soleil came when the Cirque show La Nouba was being created in 1997. He worked on the rigging design for that production. ZED was Scott Osgood’s first mandate with Cirque du Soleil as Rigging and Acrobatic Equipment Designer.

A graduate from Centre national des arts du cirque in Châlon, France, Germain Guillemot started his career with the French troupe Cirque Archaos and toured with the company for two years. With other circus fellows he created the French circus company Les Arts Sauts where he worked both as a creator and performer for 15 years. Germain joined Cirque du Soleil in 2007 as a coach for the flying trapeze act on ZED and then became Acrobatic Training Manager for Viva ELVIS. This is Germain Guillemot’s first collaboration with Cirque du Soleil as Acrobatic Performance Designer.

Michael Curry – Props Designer
Puppet Designer Michael Curry works widely in both conceptual and technical development with the foremost entertainment companies such as the Metropolitan Opera, London's Royal National Theatre, Disney Theatrical Productions, LA Opera, and Universal Pictures. Michael has been the recipient of many prestigious awards from his peers, including several awards for his puppet and costume work on Broadway, Olympic ceremonies as well as his continuing innovations in the fields of visual effects and puppetry design. He has collaborated with Julie Taymor on many stage and opera productions. Among his numerous awards, he received the 1998 Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Puppet Design in recognition of his work for Taymor on The Lion King. Michael’s other credits include an opera directed by Robert Lepage at the Paris Opera, an opera at La Scala, Milan, directed by William Friedkin, and the Broadway production of Spider Man with music by Bono and Edge,! directed by Julie Taymor. After KÀ and Wintuk, Michael Curry collaborates with Cirque du Soleil for the third time.
Source: Michael Jackson Estate - MJJMAGAZINE.COM

Source; a lot of articles there:

http://www.mjstar.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    25th October 2013, 6:37 am

Jackeblue analysis of Cirque du Soile/ Michael Jackson.

In my opinion we are seeing too much, but he has good points.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    25th October 2013, 6:39 am

posted by The Fairy on Thursday, November 11th 2010

Cirque show dances with Jackson’s spirit

The Portland Tribune, Nov 11, 2010

The late Michael Jackson’s spirit comes alive in what promises to be an epic show – and you’ll have a year to plan for it.

The estate of the pop icon and Cirque du Soleil have announced a joint international venture to celebrate Jackson, the “Michael Jackson Immortal World Tour.” Tickets went on sale this week for the Nov. 18, 2011, show at the Rose Garden. Tickets range from $50 to $175 and can be purchased at comcasttix.com and by calling 1-877-789-7673.

The electrifying production, directed by Jamie King, combines Jackson’s music and choreography with Cirque du Soleil’s creativity to give fans a view into the spirit, passion and heart of his artistic genius. Cirque du Soleil will set the performance in a fantastical realm where fans discover Jackson’s inspirational “Giving Tree” – the wellspring of his creativity.

King has been called the “Jerry Bruckheimer of tent-pole concert tours,” a multiple Emmy and MTV Video Music Award nominee. He has worked with Jackson and Prince and served as Madonna’s creative director for 12 years. About 60 international performers will take part in the show.

In April, the estate of Michael Jackson and Cirque du Soleil announced an arrangement for creation, development, production and promotion of Jackson projects, with each owning 50 percent of each project. It is similar to the “Love” show that Cirque du Soleil did with music of The Beatles.

The “Immortal” tour begins October 2011 in Montreal, Quebec.

– Jason Vondersmith

Did Michael arrange the Cirque du Soleil/Beatles "Love" show?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    25th October 2013, 6:39 am

posted by Nimue on Thursday, November 11th 2010

Question: "You will have a year to plan it".

What does it mean?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    25th October 2013, 6:40 am

posted by The Fairy on Tuesday, November 16th 2010

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    25th October 2013, 6:42 am

posted by The Fairy on Wednesday, March 9th 2011

Cirque du Soliel's Michael Jackson show here in 2012
Pioneer Press
Updated: 03/08/2011 09:43:10 PM CST

The music of Michael Jackson meets the spectacle of Canadian circus troupe Cirque du Soleil in "Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour," which hits the Target Center on March 27, 2012.

Tickets are priced from $250 to $50 and will go on sale at noon Saturday through Ticketmaster — more than a year in advance of the performance.

Jackson's estate partnered with Cirque du Soleil to create the show, which promises "a riveting fusion of visuals, dance, music and fantasy that immerses audiences in Michael's creative world and literally turns his signature moves upside down." The tour is set to premiere in Montreal in October and is directed by Jamie King, who has previously overseen tours by Celine Dion, Britney Spears, the Spice Girls and Madonna. — Ross Raihala
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    25th October 2013, 6:43 am

posted by Nimue on Wednesday, March 9th 2011

Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour…NEW SWEEPSTAKES!!

Enter the new Sweepstakes for an amazing MJ experience!!

CATCH A FLIGHT TO ONE OF THE 47 CITIES ON THE TOUR AND GET EXCLUSIVE, VIP ACCESS BACKSTAGE! It will be an electrifying production, and you could catch a flight to see the tour as it travels first to your choice of one of 47 cities in North America!

Being a Michael Jackson fan, you are the first to have access to this sweepstake. You could have the chance to win an all expenses paid trip for two to the city of your choice with an exclusive, VIP backstage access to Michael Jackson

THE IMMORTAL World Tour!

It is free and easy to enter, all you need to do is to become a fan of the Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour. Here is the what you could win : Grand prize trip for two (2) includes- • Two (2) VIP tickets to Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour • Two (2) exclusive VIP backstage passes • Round-trip airfare for two (2) • Two (2) nights stay in a hotel • USD $500 cash **No purchase required. Open to all residents of the US and Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority (in their state/region/province) at the time they entered the contest. Sweepstakes runs from March 9, 2011 to June 26, 2011. For more details, read the official rules. Don’t miss your chance to see this amazing show in a city near you…or win the trip of a lifetime! LINK TO THE CONTEST: http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/shows/michael-jackson-tour/promo/2011/contest.aspx Source: MJ Estate – MJJMAGAZINE/MJJWEBSITE.COM

http://www.mjjwebsite.com/?p=366
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    25th October 2013, 6:44 am

posted by Nimue on Wednesday, March 9th 2011

MJ OnlineTeam

On Wednesday 9th March 2011, @MJonlineteam said:

Tour Expanding to 17 New Cities, Adding Dates As Anticipation Grows

Longtime Michael Jackson Collaborator Greg Phillinganes, Top Musical Designer Kevin Antunes Joining Creative Team

Exclusive Pre-Sale Starts March 9 and General Onsale Begins March 12

Montreal, March 9, 2011 – With anticipation growing for the launch of Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour, Cirque du Soleil announced today it is adding 17 new cities to its tour in advance of its World Premiere October 2 in Montreal. In addition, new dates are being added to the existing schedule or extra seats released in more than 25 cities across North America.

Cirque du Soleil also announced that Greg Phillinganes, one of Michael Jackson’s key creative collaborators on some of his most memorable tours and albums, has joined the Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour creative team as music director, providing an unparalleled depth of knowledge of Michael’s music and the live Michael Jackson experience. Phillinganes was music director for Michael’s Bad and Dangerous tours and worked on such iconic albums as Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, Invincible, and the latest release Michael.

Kevin Antunes, one of the industry’s top musical designers, will join creative team as musical designer and will also team with Phillinganes to work on the score for this landmark production. Antunes has worked directly for Madonna, Justin Timberlake and *NSYNC, and has performed with artists such as Janet Jackson, Timbaland, Britney Spears, Aerosmith, Mary J Blige, Alicia Keys, Taylor Swift, Snoop Dogg and Christina Aguilera, among others.

For tour cities and ticket information, please go to http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/MichaelJackson

About the show
A riveting fusion of visuals, dance, music and fantasy that immerses audiences in Michael’s creative world and literally turns his signature moves upside down, Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour unfolds Michael Jackson’s artistry before the eyes of the audience. Aimed at lifelong fans as well as those experiencing Michael’s creative genius for the first time, the show captures the essence, soul and inspiration of the King of Pop, celebrating a legacy that continues to transcend generations.

THE IMMORTAL World Tour takes place in a fantastical realm where we discover Michael’s inspirational Giving Tree—a wellspring of creativity that illuminates for the audience Michael’s thoughtful inner world, offering new paths to express his love for music, dance, fairy tale and magic, and the fragile beauty of nature.

The underpinnings of THE IMMORTAL World Tour are Michael Jackson’s powerful, inspirational music and lyrics—the driving force behind the show—brought to life with extraordinary power and breathless intensity. Through unforgettable performances Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour underscores Michael’s global messages of love, peace and unity.

Creative Team - Click on “Meet the Creators” for bio information.
Guy Laliberté – Creative Guide
Greg Phillinganes – Music Director
Michael Curry – Props and Scenic Designer
Olivier Goulet – Projection Designer

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/9668es
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    25th October 2013, 6:45 am

posted by Nimue on Saturday, March 12th 2011

Cirque du Soleil Need YOU for Las Vegas Project

Here’s what they have to say: You now have the chance to see MORE of Michael Jackson then you ever dreamed possible! Along with THE IMMORTAL World Tour we want you to experience something so special, so unique, and so exclusive it could only happen in Las Vegas!

We want the input of the most passionate fan base in the world to develop an interactive experience unlike any other, one focused solely on the history, legacy, and influence of Michael Jackson!

Click here to take the survey. As a Michael Jackson fan, your input is invaluable.

http://home.mjnewsalerts.com/2011/03/11/cirque-du-soleil-need-you-for-las-vegas-project/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    25th October 2013, 6:46 am

posted by The Fairy on Sunday, March 13th 2011

Cirque du Soleil bringing 'Michael Jackson' event to Petersen

By Alice T. Carter, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cirque du Soleil will bring "Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour" to the Petersen Events Center in Oakland for a single performance at 8 p.m. April 13, 2012.

Employing Cirque du Soleil's creativity with visual elements, dance, music and fantasy, the production aims to capture Jackson's soul and celebrate his legacy with a show that immerses audiences in the singer's creative world and literally turns his signature moves upside down.

The show, which uses Jackson's music and lyrics, takes place in a fantastical realm where we discover the Giving Tree, the source of Jackson's creativity. It is aimed at lifelong fans as well as those experiencing the pop star's creative genius for the first time.

Tickets are $50 to $250. A pre-sale for Cirque Club members begins at 10 a.m. Wednesday at www.cirqueclub.com. Enrollment for Cirque Club is available at www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/cirque-club/member/subscribe.aspx.

Tickets will become available to the general public at noon Saturday at 800-745-3000,
www.ticketmaster.com, or www.cirquedusoleil.com/MichaelJackson.

Read more: Cirque du Soleil bringing 'Michael Jackson' event to Petersen - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/ae/theater/s_726406.html#ixzz1GV4mxgpf
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    25th October 2013, 6:48 am

posted by Nimue on Wednesday, March 30th 2011

Exciting New Video Interview with Kevin Antunes about Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour

March 18, 2011

Kevin Antunes, Musical Designer for Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour, talks about working with the original multitracks to Michael's music and how his voice from the original master recordings drives the show.

Kevin is a musical designer, musical director, keyboardist and digital audio programmer having worked with everyone from Justin Timberlake to Janet Jackson. And now, fresh from Madonna's Sticky & Sweet world tour, he joins forces with Cirque du Soleil on this 'project of a lifetime'.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    25th October 2013, 6:49 am

posted by The Fairy on Wednesday, April 27th 2011

Cirque Du Soleil President to Discuss Jackson Show

LAS VEGAS April 27, 2011 (AP) The music and dance of the King of Pop is coming to Sin City.

The "Michael Jackson, The Immortal World Tour" is scheduled to stop at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in December.

Cirque du Soleil president Daniel Lamarre will discuss the $57 million show during a press event in Las Vegas Wednesday.

The tour will kick off in Montreal in October and hit 30 cities before stopping in Las Vegas.

Excerpts from Jackson's music videos will be part of the 90-minute show, but no performer will represent Jackson specifically.

"Immortal" will also feature as-yet-unreleased songs that Jackson had finished before his death in 2009.

A separate permanent production is expected to open next year at Mandalay Bay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    25th October 2013, 6:53 am

posted by Nimue on Thursday, April 28th 2011

MICHAEL JACKSON CELEBRATED IN LAS VEGAS

Wednesday, 27 April 2011 22:02

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

APRIL 27, 2011

MICHAEL JACKSON CELEBRATED IN LAS VEGAS

Mandalay Bay, Cirque du Soleil and The Estate of Michael Jackson confirm plans

LAS VEGAS – Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino President and Chief Operating Officer, Chuck Bowling, Cirque du Soleil President and CEO, Daniel Lamarre and Estate of Michael Jackson Co-Executor, John Branca confirmed the venue for a permanent Michael Jackson production at Mandalay Bay and announced new aspects of the creative relationship in a press conference held today at the resort. Production has begun to evaluate the transformation of the resort’s theater and identification of the creative team for the show, which is slated to open in the spring of 2013.

Chuck Bowling said: "The world may never again know a force in entertainment of the caliber of Michael Jackson. On behalf of the entire Mandalay Bay and MGM Resorts International teams, we are deeply honored and humbled to be home to incredible entertainment celebrating his legacy for new generations to come.

Daniel Lamarre added: “We are excited about creating this new Michael Jackson production for Mandalay Bay. Michael Jackson is creatively inspiring for Cirque du Soleil artisans and creative teams. There are so many common creative elements between us that it is a pleasure to imagine this new production. It is also very exciting that we will be presenting Michael Jackson The IMMORTAL World Tour at Mandalay Bay for an extended run this December and Jamie King and the creative team are promising us a pop rock spectacular to kick things off grandly.”

In addition to the permanent show opening in 2013, theextensive relationship will include many facets certain to mesmerize new and lifelong Michael Jackson fans alike:

MICHAEL JACKSON THE IMMORTAL WORLD TOUR

Opening December 3at Mandalay Bay, Michael Jackson The IMMORTAL World Tour will perform in Las Vegas for an extended run on its highly anticipated North American tour. This extended stop will allow fans from all over the world to converge on Las Vegas , the perfect international destination for visitors to discover the new home of Michael Jackson, and experience the pop rock extravaganza imagined by Jamie King.

THE MICHAEL JACKSON FAN FEST

To kick-off the tour stop in Las Vegas, fans will have the chance to experience the legacy of Michael Jackson in a whole new way during [color:5f43=#660000]the first ever Estate-authorized Michael Jackson Fan Fest taking place for a limited time only at Mandalay Bay beginning December 3, 2011. This experience is expected to include a wide variety of elements such as an up-close look at Michael Jackson memorabilia, items from Neverland Ranch, photo opportunities in recreated sets from historic Michael Jackson videos, a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of Michael Jackson The IMMORTAL World Tour, a main stage featuring contests, Q&A sessions with members of the creative team fromMichael Jackson The IMMORTAL World Tour as well as other associates of Michael Jackson, giveaways and more. In addition, the Fan Fest will give attendees the chance to compete against one another in contests centered around the recently released UBISOFT video game "Michael Jackson The Experience."

An interactive, engaging, and immersive design will create a larger-than-life environment for all Fan Festgoers and promises to be a unique event. The Fan Fest will be open for 4 hours before Michael Jackson The IMMORTAL World Tour shows on December 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, and 14 in Mandalay Bay’s Bayside Exhibit Halls. In the case of two-show nights, the Fan Festwill have two sessions open to the public at separate starting times. Ticket and session information will be announced in the coming weeks and www.MichaelJacksonFanFest.com will offer up-to-the-minute updates on the Fan Fest.

Said John Branca and John McClain, Executors of The Estate of Michael Jackson: “We are thrilled to establish Michael’s home away from home at Mandalay Bay. Because of its remote location, few people will ever get to visit Michael’s Neverland Ranch. But millions of Michael’s fans will be able to hear Michael’s music and experience him in tangible and exciting new ways at Mandalay Bay. We are especially excited that the Estate has authorized the first Michael Jackson Fan Fest, something Michael’s fans have been calling for and something Michael always wanted for his fans. We look forward to working with our partners – Mandalay Bay, Cirque du Soleil and MGM Resorts International – in implementing these exciting projects.”

MICHAEL JACKSON ALL ACCESS

Mandalay Bay also will be the permanent home of a creative collaboration from The Estate of Michael Jackson and Cirque du Soleil aimed at giving fans a unique encounter with Michael’s artistic genius, sense of wonder and humanitarian spirit. Just as Michael Jackson The IMMORTAL World Tour and the newly announced permanent show at Mandalay Bay will open the eyes and ears of the world to experiencing Michael’s music in a whole new way, this permanent exhibit will take fans, new and old, on a journey to the next level by giving them the opportunity to access Michael Jackson – the consummate performer, the philanthropist and the person – in entirely new ways, in part using the most state-of-the-art interactive technology. This experience is expected to spark memories, inspire hope andhelp us discover new things about Michael and ourselves, engaging minds andinspiring hearts.

MICHAEL JACKSON LOUNGE

The Michael Jackson Estate and Cirque du Soleil will create the Michael Jackson Lounge – a space that will bring to life Michael’s music in an atmosphere celebrating his career and legacy.

About Cirque du Soleil

From a group of 20 street performers at its beginnings in 1984, Cirque du Soleil is now a major international organization providing high-quality artistic entertainment. Since its founding, Cirque du Soleil has thrilled over 100 million spectators in close to 300 cities on five continents. In Las Vegas, Cirque du Soleil has a privileged partnership with MGM MIRAGE to create andpresent unique and innovative productions. In addition to The BeatlesLOVE at The Mirage, these productions include Mystère at Treasure Island, “O” at Bellagio, Zumanity, the Sensual Side of Cirque du Soleil at New York-New York Hotel & Casino, KÀ at MGM Grand, CRISS ANGEL Believe at Luxor, and Viva ELVIS at ARIA Resort and Casino at CityCenter. For more information, visit the Cirque du Soleil website at www.cirquedusoleil.com/lasvegas.

About Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino

Mandalay Bay, a AAA Four Diamond award-winning destination resort, is set on 60 lush acres with 4,752 rooms and suites and THEhotel, astand-alone all-suite hotel which offers 1,117 luxurious one-bedroom suites. Mandalay Bay Beach, an 11-acre tropical pool paradise, features real sand, a wave pool and the only climate-controlled, poolside gaming in the city. Other property highlights include performances of Disney’s THE LION KING, world-class entertainment at the 12,000-seat Mandalay Bay Events Center, award-winning dining by celebrity chefs and restaurateurs, exhilarating nightlife, Shark Reef Aquarium and the 1.7-million-square-foot Mandalay BayConvention Center. Mandalay Bay’s offerings also include BATHHOUSE Spa, House of Blues Concert Hall and restaurant, and The Shoppes at Mandalay Place, a collection of unique boutiques and restaurants. Mandalay Bay is a wholly owned subsidiary of MGM Resorts International™. For moreinformation and reservations, visit www.mandalaybay.com or call toll free at (877) 632-7800.

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/site/michael-jackson-news/michael-jackson-celebrated-in-las-vegas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    25th October 2013, 6:54 am

posted by The Fairy on Thursday, April 28th 2011

Interesting how things seem to be tied together. When I read the words like "Michael's home away from home" and "Neverland being to remote for a lot of people to visit, this is kinda like the "Graceland" that many investors have been wanting to make out of Neverland. But I guess this deal is without Colony Capital and Tom Barrack.
"Michael's home away from home" is an odd expression here. It reminds me of him being "exiled" after the trial and not wanting to return to Neverland. As a hoaxer it also gives me thoughts about the hoax ....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    25th October 2013, 6:55 am

Quote :
Quote from mjmtc on Thursday, April 28th 2011 @ 6:52 AM

Interesting how things seem to be tied together. When I read the words like "Michael's home away from home" and "Neverland being to remote for a lot of people to visit, this is kinda like the "Graceland" that many investors have been wanting to make out of Neverland. But I guess this deal is without Colony Capital and Tom Barrack.
"Michael's home away from home" is an odd expression here. It reminds me of him being "exiled" after the trial and not wanting to return to Neverland. As a hoaxer it also gives me thoughts about the hoax ....
I called attention to this sentence in the article because it sounded odd, I agree.

Neverland was Michael's home, but Michael said: Neverland is a house it is not a home anymore.

I started to think what was home for Michael, before 2005 Encino house and Neverland houses were places he called home.

After the trial Michael went away, he didn't go back to Encino, he left the country. When he got back to US he was living as a nomade. Before, Dec 2008 Michael was living in Las Vegas and he was buying a house in Las Vegas - Wonderland house.

This shows me that his plans was to create and set a new home at Las Vegas. So, now why "Michael's home away from home"?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    25th October 2013, 6:56 am

posted by shadow1026 on Thursday, April 28th 2011

Ladies, lets get back to reality and the 'law'.

"If" Mike faked his death intentionally or not, it doesn't matter. Either way, he can not receive any money whatsoever made by the estate in the "so called money making schemes." Mike would be arrested ASAP, if any of these money making ideas were his way to pay off debts or to make money. HE CAN NOT LEGALLY ACCEPT A DIME, OR HIS FAMILY!

I don't see how it is possible Mike has anything to do with it. He's not dumb! I don't trust the estate along with alot of the others who were working with mike before he died of a "so called drug addiction."

If Mike is coming back, you can guarantee this will be the evidence he needs to expose all the criminals who may possibly had something to do with his death.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    25th October 2013, 6:57 am

Quote :
Quote from shadow1026 on Thursday, April 28th 2011 @ 3:24 PM

Ladies, lets get back to reality and the 'law'.

"If" Mike faked his death intentionally or not, it doesn't matter. Either way, he can not receive any money whatsoever made by the estate in the "so called money making schemes." Mike would be arrested ASAP, if any of these money making ideas were his way to pay off debts or to make money. HE CAN NOT LEGALLY ACCEPT A DIME, OR HIS FAMILY!

I don't see how it is possible Mike has anything to do with it. He's not dumb! I don't trust the estate along with alot of the others who were working with mike before he died of a "so called drug addiction."

If Mike is coming back, you can guarantee this will be the evidence he needs to expose all the criminals who may possibly had something to do with his death.
Hi Shadow.. miss you...

Yes Shadow I agree with you about Michael personally making money, but if you take a look at the thread "Are the bad guys taking over or Michael is taking over" you will see some considerations about this subject.

There is a "beauty" on it, Michael never did any business in his name, not even the houses he bought, not even his contract with AEG.

After the "event" all the business and profit has been done but the executors of MJ estate not by Michael and all go under a company name, most of them MJJ Productions which is under a trust fund. Michael is not getting any "money" out of it, the trustee is.

"He" is not collecting any money because of his "death" not even MJ estate is. The business the estate is doing is with MJ brand not with MJ death, faked or not faked death the brand can be used anytime. They are not "selling" anything related to the death, also, no one has ever asked, until now, for insurance policy that I am sure Michael has.

MJ estate is under probate and the "family" cannot get any money from the trust fund. As long the estate has "debts" to pay, the estate cannot pay or give access to the family to MJ assets (the big money).

It is said MJ estate made 1 billion dollars and Michael has 300 million in debts, but the estate didn't use the 1 billion to "pay" the alleged debt.

Also, looking to the estate "situation", the estate "does not know anything about a fake death", if they are "not" involved in faking the death they cannot be charged, right?.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    

Back to top Go down

Cirque du Soleil
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MICHAEL JACKSON FLYING FAIRIES :: Cirque du Soleil and other tributes :: Cirque du Soleil Michael Jackson-
Jump to: