Flying Fairies

Share | 

Randy Phillips/ Kenny Ortega

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Randy Phillips/ Kenny Ortega   29th September 2013, 11:10 am

posted by The Fairy September 29th 2011

Here we will compare the posts from "Hearing and Contradictions" with the testimonies in the actual trial. "Hearings and Contradictions" is Nimue's hard work into revealing in what way the various witnesses contradicted themselves at the preliminary hearing and indeed how they have different stories as to what happened.

On this thread I will copy some of Nimue's transcript posts and compare them to what is said in the courtroom.

Just as the transcripts of the hearing is not entirely accurate as they are not the official records, so will there be mistakes in trial transcripts as well.

But now that we are watching the trial we can hear for ourselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Randy Phillips/ Kenny Ortega   29th September 2013, 1:16 pm

posted by The fairy September 29th 2011

Witness statements (PRELIM)

-Kenny Ortega (Choreographer)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Randy Phillips/ Kenny Ortega   29th September 2013, 1:17 pm

Nimue's comments:

April? I thought the rehearsals started late March. How come Ortega and Michael was creating This is it Tour on April, if Michael was already doing the rehearsals?

After the 50 shows in London, Michael wanted to take the show internationally to places like India and Japan.

Did Michael knew already of the 50 shows and wanted to go to India and Japan in a Tour? April 2009??????

Ortega never seen Michael in that condition before

He was working with Michael 4-5 days a week and only in one day June 19, he says that in that specific day Michael seemed not be ok.

Ortega had met Murray sometime during April or May. Ortega had came to Michael’s home for creative meeting, Murray was there, Michael introduced them

I thought Murray was at the rehearsals with Michael, if so it seems that Ortega was not at the rehearsals.

Randy Phillips was going to pick up Michael on June 25, 2009. “They were meeting for some reason then he was going to bring him to rehearsals”

Ortega called Randy and said “please let Michael know how excited I feel, I am looking forward to rehearsing this afternoon”. Randy said “I thought you were calling for a different reason”. I am at the house, there is an ambulance, leaving the property”

If Ortega would meet Michael in the afternoon for the rehearsal, why did he need to CALL Randy and ask Randy to deliver a message to MICHAEL that he was excited?

Couldn't he wait for Michael to get there in the afternoon?

Couldn't he CALL Michael?

Chernoff’’s brilliant question” so are you saying that that from April, May and June, there is camera footage of every single rehearsal?” Ortega sidesteps a direct answer “those were for Michael’s personal use”. Chernoff “so they exist somewhere?” Ortega “Yeah”. Chernoff “Where?” Ortega “There weren’t always cameras rolling. It was always IF he asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Randy Phillips/ Kenny Ortega   29th September 2013, 1:25 pm

posted by Fairy on September 29th 2011

TRIAL (Day 1: Sep 27)

Witness statements

-Kenny Ortega (Choreographer)

video at:

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_h1xv0p4k/

Michael Jackson's friend and choreographer, Kenny Ortega, just took the stand for the prosecution -- claiming Michael was ill in the days leading to his death ... and Dr. Murray berated him when he expressed concern.

* Ortega -- creator and director of "This Is It" -- says Michael was "very excited" about the show.
* Ortega said in mid to late June, 2009 Michael missed several rehearsals.
* On Friday June 19th, Ortega noticed Michael "wasn't right" and that something was going on. Ortega said it "troubled him." He said Michael seemed lost and was "incoherent."
* Ortega says he sat with Michael as he watched the rehearsals -- rubbing Michael's feet because the singer was freezing cold. Michael left early that day.
* Ortega says he was so worried about Michael, he sent an email to AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips (below) -- saying Michael needed psychological help.

Michael Jackson's friend and choreographer, Kenny Ortega, just took the stand for the prosecution -- claiming Michael was ill in the days leading to his death ... and Dr. Murray berated him when he expressed concern.

* Ortega -- creator and director of "This Is It" -- says Michael was "very excited" about the show.
* Ortega said in mid to late June, 2009 Michael missed several rehearsals.
* On Friday June 19th, Ortega noticed Michael "wasn't right" and that something was going on. Ortega said it "troubled him." He said Michael seemed lost and was "incoherent."
* Ortega says he sat with Michael as he watched the rehearsals -- rubbing Michael's feet because the singer was freezing cold. Michael left early that day.
* Ortega says he was so worried about Michael, he sent an email to AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips (below) -- saying Michael needed psychological help.

Obviously the biggest difference from the hearing to the trial is that suddenly Kenny Ortega has a mail supposidly written to AEG. And in particular that he felt Michael needed psychological help. In the hearing Kenny was asked if had ever yelled at Michael. He wasnt asked this at the trial. Anything else???

From Kenneth Ortega

To Randy Philips

Randy
I will do whatever I can to be of help in this situation. If you need me to come to the house, just give me a call in the morning. My concern is now that we've brought the Doctor in to the fold and have played the tough love, now or never card, is that the Artist may be unable to rise to the occasion due to real emotional stuff.

He appeared quite weak and fatigued this evening. He had a terrible case of the chills, was trembling, rambling and obsessing. Everything in me says he should be psychologically evaluated. If we have any chance at all to get him back in the light its going to take a strong Therapist to help him through this as well as immediate physical nurturing. I was told by our Choreographer that during the Artists costume fitting with his Designer tonight they noticed that he has lost more weight. As far as I can tell, there is no one taking responsability (caring for) for him
on a daily basis. Where was his assistant tonight? Tonight I was feeding him, wrapping him in blankets to warm his chills... massaging his feet to calm him and calling his doctor. There were four security guards outside the door, but no one offering him a cup of hot tea. Finally it is important for everyone to know, I believe that he really wants this. It would shatter him, break his heart if we pulled the plug. He's terribly frightened its all going to go away. He asked me repeatedly tonight if I was going to leave him. He was practically begging for my confidence. It broke my heart. He was like a lost boy. There still may be a chance he can rise to the occasion if we get him the help he needs

Sincerely Kenny

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Randy Phillips/ Kenny Ortega   29th September 2013, 1:30 pm

posted by ElkeHassell September 27th 2011

that email certainly looks impressive, and who is the ARTIST Kenny, why not name him Michael Jackson.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Randy Phillips/ Kenny Ortega   29th September 2013, 1:31 pm

Posted by The Fairy September 29th 2011

Yes it is noteworthy that he doesnt mention any names, but calls people

Artist, Therapist, Choreographer, Designer, Assistant

It seemed to me that Kenny was very eager to distance himself from AEG and from Murray and portray himself as one of the only people there who wanted to take care of Michael. We will remember that he was in the lawsuit, filed against AEG by Katherine, but was later taken out of the lawsuit because he said he had no direct involvement in AEG. The defense seemed eager to shake him and kept asking when Michael was rehearsing at the "Forum" and when he was at "The Staples Center". He got so confused with the dates, maybe so the defense can later claim Kenny didnt remember which days Michael seemed well and which days he seemed drugged/sick. The defense also made certain to ask Kenny who is the boss and if Michael was in charge as in "he chose himself to rehearse, noone forced him". They also asked him how devasted Michael would be, if he hadnt been able to perform, as in "Michael would have taken any drugs to help him go through the concerts". Kenny did not have nice things to say about Murray and claimed Murray had told him to mind his own business and not worry about Michael´s health.

The prosecution made no request to cross examine, which could have given them a chance to ask what reply AEG gave to the mail. Wonder if they have smt up their sleeve for later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Randy Phillips/ Kenny Ortega   29th September 2013, 1:35 pm

posted by The Fairy  October 26th 2011

TRIAL

Witness statements
Randy Philips (AEG)

Randy Phillips -- the concert promoter who bankrolled Michael Jackson's "This Is It Tour" -- told the jury, when AEG Live announced MJ's first 10 shows ... sales were through the roof.

Phillips said the demand for tickets was so huge, he called Jackson to see if they could add more shows.

Jackson agreed ... under 2 conditions... #1 -- he wanted a 16-acre country estate outside of London with streaming rivers and horses for the kids... and #2 -- he wanted reps from the "Guinness Book of World Records" present at the last 50th concert because he knew "it was a feat that no other entertainer could beat" (Prince currently holds the record with 21 shows at the 02 Arena).

Randy's testimony could prove Michael Jackson was under extreme pressure to perform at the time of his death -- which eventually pushed the singer over the edge.

* Phillips told the jury when he first heard Jackson wanted his own personal doctor, he tried to convince the singer to hire someone in London, but MJ insisted on bringing Murray.
* Phillips said he had no idea there were issues with MJ's health until he got an email from director Kenny Ortega who told him MJ wasn't focused and was missing rehearsals.
* He then got a call from MJ's manager, Frank DiLeo, asking for a meeting to discuss MJ's health.
* During the emergency meeting -- held on June 20th -- Jackson assured Phillips he was ready to do the show ... telling him, "You build the home, and I'll put the door on it and paint it."
* Phillips said there were no discussions about any drug use and that Ortega was happy with the MJ's response.
* Defense attorney Ed Chernoff asked Phillips whether Jackson would have been responsible for any production costs had the tour been canceled ... Phillips answered, yes. But Chernoff was not allowed to get into the specifics. Earlier in the day, Judge Michael Pastor barred any discussion about the contract between AEG Live and Jackson noting, "This is not a contractual dispute. This is a homicide." Murray's lawyers were hoping to introduce the contracts to show that Jackson had more than just his reputation at stake.

CNN:
MJ wanted to break records with his last tour

Posted: 05:45 PM ET

Randy Phillips from AEG gave us a behind-the-scenes look at Michael Jackson's "This Is It" tour today when he testified for the defense. He said the contract they worked out with Jackson provided for 31 shows. That number may sound a little arbitrary but Michael Jackson picked it for a reason. He said he wanted to do 10 more shows than Prince had done during his last tour.

When pre-sales opened up, Phillips said the demand for tickets was like nothing he had ever seen. They realized right away that they needed to add more shows. So Phillips contacted Jackson who agreed to do a maximum of 50 shows, under two conditions:

1. That he would get an estate outside of London so he and his family wouldn't be cramped in a hotel (no matter how beautiful it was). Jackson had pretty specific demands, too: 16+ acres, running streams and horses.

2. He wanted Phillips to arrange to have a representative from the Guinness Book of World Records on hand for the 50th show. He told Phillips it was a feat he knew no other entertainer could ever beat: to fill that big of a venue (the O2 Arena in London) that many times.

Phillips says that in June of 2009, director Kenny Ortega expressed some concerns over Jackson's performance at rehearsals. He said Jackson wasn't as engaged or focused as he needed to be for a production of this magnitude.

Phillips asked Dr. Conrad Murray to set up a meeting so they could discuss their concerns with Jackson. Jackson told them he had been practicing at home and that he was ready.

"You build the house and I'll put the door on it and paint it," Phillips said Jackson told them. That meeting was held on June 20, 2009. Jackson died five days later.

First part on Tuesday before lunch

Second part on Tuesday after lunch

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Randy Phillips/ Kenny Ortega   29th September 2013, 1:36 pm

posted by Nimue October 26th 2011 @

It is amazing to see how the media can twist what was said:

Quote :
TMZ:
During the emergency meeting -- held on June 20th -- Jackson assured Phillips he was ready to do the show ... telling him, "You build the home, and I'll put the door on it and paint it."
As far as I can remember, Phillips said that Michael said this to Kenny not to him.
This is interesting:
Quote :
Defense attorney Ed Chernoff asked Phillips whether Jackson would have been responsible for any production costs had the tour been canceled ... Phillips answered, yes. But Chernoff was not allowed to get into the specifics. Earlier in the day, Judge Michael Pastor barred any discussion about the contract between AEG Live and Jackson noting, "This is not a contractual dispute. This is a homicide."
First, I wonder why the judge left AEG out of the hook on this, but why did the judge said is a homicide? This is a involutary manslaughter case, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Randy Phillips/ Kenny Ortega   29th September 2013, 1:37 pm

posted by The Fairy on October 26th 2011

Quote :
Quote from Nimue on Wednesday, October 26th 2011 @ 5:11 AM
Defense attorney Ed Chernoff asked Phillips whether Jackson would have been responsible for any production costs had the tour been canceled ... Phillips answered, yes. But Chernoff was not allowed to get into the specifics. Earlier in the day, Judge Michael Pastor barred any discussion about the contract between AEG Live and Jackson noting, "This is not a contractual dispute. This is a homicide."
First, I wonder why the judge left AEG out of the hook on this, but why did the judge said is a homicide? This is a involutary manslaughter case, right?
Well...

Criminal homicides also include voluntary and involuntary manslaughter. The mental state of the perpetrator of these crimes differs from that of one who commits murder.
There has been a lot of dispute about this word. The media has talked about David Walgren using the word in his opening statement. I have tried to distinguish the difference in the terms earlier on this forum in the thread about LLoyd's:
The Michael Jackson estate is tired of waiting for Lloyd's of London to pay out on the $17.5 million "This Is it" insurance policy -- so they're going after Lloyd's in court ... demanding they pay up, stat.

Lloyd's of London originally issued the policy to cover potential losses for MJ's 2009 "This Is It" concerts -- but earlier this year, the company asked an L.A. court to declare the policy null and void ... claiming MJ lied about his medical history and drug addiction.
Lloyd's insists the policy "was restricted to losses resulting from accident only" -- pointing out Michael's official cause of death was "homicide."

The other matter in this article which I think is the main issue here is the word "homicide".
Homicide means "killing of a human being" ("homi"~ human, "cide"~ kill) and we are back to all the definitions of homicide and manslaughter and which charge Murray should be charged with.

Homicide doesnt have to be a crime. Non-criminal homicide is for instance in matters of selfdefense, defense of others, preventing a crime, in war etc)
When Lloyd insists that the policy "was restricted to losses resulting from accident only" -- pointing out Michael's official cause of death was "homicide" they are saying it was no accident but a deliberate act. Someone wanted Michael dead, it was a willful act, no accident.
This means that if Murray (or someone else on the room) administered the overdose, he did not do so by accident but with the intent to kill and it doesnt fall under the non-criminal definition of homicide either (noone else was in immidiate danger if the homicide hadnt been carried out).
One out of two "people" could want Michael dead, either himself or someone else.
But the estate is now on the offensive -- filing a cross-complaint, claiming MJ never intended to die, whether by homicide or not, so his death still qualifies as an accident.

This sounds like a very complicated statement MJ never intended to die, whether by homicide or not meaning I guess that Michael didnt want anyone to kill him and didnt kill himself, but it is a weird way of phrasing this.
Anyway the Estate is saying that Michael didnt kill himself, that he didnt want anyone to kill him, so therefor it is an accident. They totally disregard the possibility that SOMEONE ELSE wanted to kill him or have him killed. Maybe they are phrasing it this way because they can not insinuate that someone planned to kill Michael; that would get them in trouble. First of all because they cant go around making such accusations, but also because some media is interpreting LaToyas statements about the Estate and about conspiracy to kill Michael that she is hinting the Estate was involved.
Maybe they are phrasing it this way because this lawsuit seems to be meddling with the dispute between AEG and Lloyd's, which wasnt about a life insurance, but cancellation of concerts. There are some things not said out loud in this hoax and the possibility of AEG being guilty of wanting Michael dead is one of them. It is talked about mainly among hoaxers. It certainly isnt smt the Estate would say out loud and at first glance this statement about "accident" seems to indicate that the Estate wants to say that neither AEG, the Estate, Michael nor anyone else wanted Michael dead. But I think there is more to it than that.
The last thing I want to point out is that if you look at this sentence with hoax eyes MJ never intended to die, whether by homicide or not, so his death still qualifies as an accident it sounds like: It wasnt Michael's intention to die. He had no wish to die, but he had to fake his death. It is not a criminal homicide. If Michael felt his life was in danger, he had to "kill himself" by faking his death. And if you "kill" someone in order to safe your own life it is self defense and not a criminal homicide. If Michael would be charged with "killing himself" as in "hoaxing his death" would that qualify as a "Non-criminal homicide" and therefore not be a criminal act?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Randy Phillips/ Kenny Ortega   29th September 2013, 1:38 pm

posted by Nimue October 26th 2011
I agree with you Fairy. My point on this was the legal directions that the statements could take. As you said:

Quote :
When Lloyd insists that the policy "was restricted to losses resulting from accident only" -- pointing out Michael's official cause of death was "homicide" they are saying it was no accident but a deliberate act. Someone wanted Michael dead, it was a willful act, no accident.
and if the judged does not use the correct charges in this case, it could give to Lloyd's a chance to get out of it. It was in this line of thought I refered to.
I was wondering if the judge actions barring the AEG involvement on it and at the same time not refering, on the records, to the actual charge could be a hidden agenda.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Randy Phillips/ Kenny Ortega   29th September 2013, 1:38 pm

posted by The Fairy October 26th 2011

Quote :
Quote from Nimue on Wednesday, October 26th 2011 @ 5:11 AM
When the judge barred any discussion about the contract, saying it wasnt a "contractual dispute" but a homicide, it is also a reference to Randy Philips, who even before the funeral was saying that if Michaels death was "accidental" (and he stresses that that include OD of prescription drugs) then AEG is entitled to the insurance

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Randy Phillips/ Kenny Ortega   29th September 2013, 1:39 pm

posted by Nimue October 26th 2011

I am watching this again, so this is just a quick note to keep the reference where it stands.
This is it negotiations.. started at 2007, "AEG was contacted" by Peter Lopez (lawyer) and Raymone (Michael's manager). Michael was not ready for a tour.
So why the contact was made????

At 2008 Tom Barrack contacted Phillip Anschutz and the "boss" (Phillip Anschutz) called Randy to set the meeting. Randy does it in less than 24 hours.
August 2008
Randy meets with Tom Barrack and his associates. He names only one of his associates:

Richard Namula:
Mr. Nanula's last position prior to joining Colony was as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Amgen, Inc. During his six-year tenure as a member of the company's executive committee, he was responsible for finance, corporate strategy, mergers & acquisitions, and internal and external relations. Prior to joining Amgen in 2001, Mr. Nanula was Chairman and Chief Executive Officer at Broadband Sports, Inc., an Internet media company. For nearly two years, he served as President and Chief Operating Officer for Starwood Hotels and Resorts in New York. From 1986 to 1998, Mr. Nanula held a variety of increasingly senior executive positions at the Walt Disney Company, culminating in the role of Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. He also served as President of Disney Stores Worldwide and Corporate Treasurer, among many other roles
He is on the board of trustees of UCSB, among other civic involvements, and has also served on the corporate boards of industry leaders such as Boeing and Expedia.

http://www.colonyinc.com/execs/nanula.php

So far nothing to do with the entertainment business.
Richard mentioned they did business with Neverland (bait)
Tom Barrack and Richar Namula set a meeting between Randy and Thome Thome at the same week.
Interesting, Ed asked Randy if he knew Thome before but the judge does not allow him to answer.
Next meeting was between Randy, Thome Thome, Dennis Hawk and Peter Lopez.
I tried to find some more information about Dennis Hawk but I wasn't able to.
Michael meets with Randy and Thome only at Sep 2008 and money issues were never discussed with Michael.
It sounds to me that the big game is on Colony Capital and AEG (not AEG live).
Of course, Fairy already did a great job on it, but I had the feeling that Randy and Thome were the tools used by the "big ones" to set their plan to get Michael. I may be wrong on it and I am wondering how much these two really knows about the "big guys" agenda.
Just random thoughts.. I need to watch more..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Randy Phillips/ Kenny Ortega   

Back to top Go down

Randy Phillips/ Kenny Ortega
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1